23 August 2021, Bangkok – Research & Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC) gave a lecture on “2021 Energy Conservation in Buildings” to students of Rajamangala University of Technology (RMUT).
Mr. Vasuta Chan, Senior Sustainable Designer at RISC, spoke on the WELL Building Standard design concept to create well-being for residents under 7 key concepts:
1. Air – By controlling particulate matter and VOCs to have high-quality air in buildings.
2. Water – With good water quality and access to drinking water during the day.
3. Nourishment – With healthy and nutritious food to reduce the risk of various diseases.
4. Lighting – With adequate natural and artificial light.
5. Fitness – Through design that encourages exercise and movement during the day.
6. Comfort – With support for well-being such as an appropriate temperature in each area.
7. Mind – With design to support mental health such as biophilic design, where nature reduces stress.
RISC is the first organization in Southeast Asia to be awarded WELL Certification at “Gold” level for New and Existing Interiors by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). RISC invites anyone interested in the standard to get in touch to learn more.